Flow with Heaven and Earth:
Shamanic Geomancy Unique to Way of Nature
August 2nd - 11th, 2018
Sacred Land Sanctuary • Crestone, CO USA
Open your hearts and minds to the mysteries of all of life...
Journey to one of North America's most powerful and ancient sacred places, Crestone and the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. Known as the "corridor of the dreamtime" and the "mountains of white light," native peoples trace back their vision quests and sacred ceremonies here for over 15,000 years. In the late 1970's, WoN founder John P. Milton moved to Crestone and was the initial discoverer of an estimated 2,000 ancient stone meditation seats scattered among the Sacred Land Sanctuary. These special sites continue to be used for vision questing, ceremony, meditation and prayer today.
This Summer, discover the healing properties of Earth's natural wisdom by exploring these sacred sites firsthand in an off-beat retreat opportunity that is truly unique to Way of Nature. Over the course of 8 days, John will share wisdom that he has collected over decades of personal retreat and meditation time with the land. By immersing yourself in the experience, you will allow in the powerful joy and opening of Spirit that these cherished surroundings offer.
- Learn how Earth Qi meridian lines work and how the ancient stone meditation seats are woven within these meridians.
- Ponder the cosmos as you study the alignment of certain meditation seats with specific stars or constellations, and sometimes with mountains or other natural focal points.
- Discover the unique properties of each seat, and how to best interact with them to extract the natural wisdom they have to offer.
- Sit upon them in meditation and flourish in the sensation of being a conduit through which Heaven - Earth energy may flow.
The teachings John will share this Summer represent a largely unknown shamanic process called Geomancy. Sometimes translated as 'foresight by Earth" or "science of the sand," this ancient method of divination has Arabic, African and European roots. Geomancy involves interpreting the auspicious arrangement of geographic features to obtain wisdom from the Earth, cosmos and ancient peoples.
It took John decades to uncover the mysteries of the seats, and he continues to learn from them. He’s discovered that these meditation seats are points that connect to wisdom and energy qualities of the cosmos. They are aligned with specific stars or constellations and help bring this universal energy down into Mother Earth to join with the energy flow of the Qi meridians. They also provide a unique inner connection to your innate energy, joy and wisdom. Sitting in these seats often provides profound revelations and transmissions.
This training will include how John and Way of Nature have protected these sacred sites to date. We will also share how you can initiate local community initiatives to protect local sacred sites and seats in your own region - including how to be part of the Sacred Lands Sanctuary Network that supports right use and protection of natural wild lands as important parts of local community spiritual health.
Interwoven with the Training, John will provide ample time for you to personally explore extended periods of solitary "AllOne" Time cultivating with these extraordinary stone seats.
Shamanic Geomancy Training
Come join us for an extraordinary in-depth look at this ancient, until now forgotten, form of Geomancy and Shamanism uniquely shared by Way of Nature:
- Learn what stone meditation seats are, where they are commonly found, their structure and basic types, and how they are intricately woven within the Earth Qi meridian lines.
- Discover the various types of meditation seats and how to cultivate spiritually with them: sitting in chair leg posture or cross-legged, reclining in sky seats/beds, and resting in standing sites.
- Learn how to meditate in harmony with what the differing kinds of seats provide, and experience the unique, refined flow of energy that results from this cultivated connection.
- Learn how to find, recognize and protect these meditation seats and sacred sites in your own home area.
- Learn how to record the songs of the seats using a device that reveals the unique vibrational patterns of each seat.
- Train in approaches to cultivate internally with– and to protect, preserve, and honor- these sacred energies and sites.
Although you may opt for staying in Crestone’s wonderful array of B & B’s, rental rooms and nearby National Forest Campgrounds – we encourage you to stay in the rustic campsites provided by the Sacred Land Sanctuary for a full Retreat Experience.
Discovery of the Ancient Stone Meditation Seats
After arriving in Crestone in the late 1970's, John P Milton did a vision quest in a high mountain meadow. When he came back down to his home area, Spirit showed him a number of what we now know are stone meditation seats. He spent 22 years in retreat on his land, the Sacred Land Sanctuary, deepening his understanding of these seats. John has preserved this land, in its natural state, as sacred. The Sacred Land Sanctuary (SLS) is a rare example of where land is held as sacred in its natural state by contemporary culture. Since first finding these sacred sites, John has gone on to find these stone meditation seats all over the world.
“Attune the inner pace of your life with Nature's rhythms through ancient principles and teachings."
Thursday, August 2nd: Arrival/Travel Day (If possible, please plan on arriving sometime in the afternoon so that you have adequate daylight to settle in and set up your camping gear at Base Camp. We will also be joining John for dinner in town at 7pm that evening.)
August 3rd - 10th: Teachings on Shamanic Geomancy
Saturday, August 11th: Departure/Travel Day
Location: Sacred Land Sanctuary • Crestone, Colorado, USA
Teacher: John P. Milton
Cost: $777 USD * (Price does not include meals or travel)
Lodging: Participants are encouraged to stay in the rustic campsites at the Sacred Land Sanctuary for a full Retreat Experience. However, an array of B&B’s, Airbnbs, and the nearby National Forest Campground are alternative options.
Required Reading: "Sky Above, Earth Below" by John P. Milton.
*Can't afford the full price right now? Reserve your spot by paying a 50% deposit online! Just choose 'Deposit Payment' on the 'Payment Type' drop down menu during checkout. The remaining amount will be due 30 days prior to the start of the event.
View WoN's Cancellation and Return Policy
If you choose to trust, the natural world will bring you profound peace, joy and wisdom.